Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
alb_tex

Do you know GVT

3 posts in this topic

Yah, you know me. 

I'm back in the GVT (German Volume Training) train for my off season. I started two weeks ago and I'm liking the results. I modify from Polquin's beginner and intermediate plans, but keep the basic concept of 10 X 10 on most exercises, and 12 X 6 on others. 

Today I was in my 4th set of flat bench and had 205 on the rack. I bigger guy grabbed the bench next to me and (nicely) offered a spot if I needed it. Three sets later (still at 205) within roughly five minutes, he offered a spot in case I wanted to increase the weight. I declined and kept hitting my ten reps for the next set and I could tell he was confused. He finished up and watched me finish my last ten... arms shaking and all. He was trying to be complimentary, but could not fathom why anyone would stay at the same weight for so long. When I explained the concept and shared previous results, he was floored and vowed to give it a go next month. 

I also invited him to check out the site. So if you see a new member who can barely type his name next month, give him a big ole welcome Iron Style. 

john1621 and Missile like this

I tried something similar to this years ago. But I was too strict on the 10x10. I did it for ALL bodyparts. The result was fucking traps under my ears and huge thighs. I was deformed. I guess each bodypart doesn't react the same. The progress I made globally was OK. But my traps have a tendancy to grow quickly and I get that slopey look. Especially because my delts are difficult to develop and I don't have wide clavicules. 

This is a great program to set up the body before 'specializing'. In my case, I'd have to adapt. 

It's great not having to change the weight. LOL

Very true, Siggs. Yesterday was arms and I still can't remember any workout I've done that burns the biceps as much as GVT. Even my wife mentioned that my arms looked pumped nine hours after I worked out yesterday. 

Missile likes this